If You Could Turn Back Time…
Take a moment to step back and view your life so far. Do you like what you see?
(This post is a conversation that I have been having with myself recently. I’m letting you in on it because I know that everyone has moments in their life when they reassess where they are, how far they’ve come, and where they want to go looking forward. If my self-talk helps you in any way then I’m happy– for you & for me.)
If you could go back to any point on your life’s timeline, knowing everything you know now, where would you land? What would you change?
Think about this for a few minutes.
- You’ve collected a vast amount of knowledge and experience during your time here on earth.
- You have a lot of ideas about how you want your life to be.
- You have weathered disappointments along the way or have given up some of your dreams.
Now think about where you are in the scheme of it all. Okay? Ready?
You still have a lot of good living to do. Don’t abandon your visions for your future. They are not the same dreams you had earlier in life and that’s to be expected. Your dreams and visions evolve with you as you walk through life. Looking at the rest of your life…..
- What do you want it to be like?
- How have your dreams/visions evolved?
- What steps can you take to guide it in that direction? Small steps are an excellent beginning & very motivational.
- What mistakes have you made, learned from, and don’t want to repeat?
I actually sat down and made a list of things from the past that I wish I could go back and change, or knowledge that I wish I had possessed. It was a wide-ranging list that included relationship-related things, monetary knowledge, career paths, activities that bring me happiness, health considerations, etc.
I spent a brief moment of time mourning those things that I wished had been different. Ultimately all my experiences have made me who I am though, and recognizing that made the slight sadness evaporate.
Begin taking those steps that will make your visions come alive. Live the life you see in your minds’ eye as closely as you can. 👩🏻💻